Food & Wine: Grilled Rosemary & Thyme Chicken
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Measurements: Imperial (US)
In the summer and fall we love spending time grilling in our backyard, this recipe for grilled rosemary & thyme chicken is one of my favorites because you can easily adapt it to fit your tastes with different spices. My favorite part of grilling is watching my kids play in the backyard while I sip on Gary Farrell Pinot Noir.
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (about 6 sprigs)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (about 12 sprigs)
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 4 pounds chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
1. In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, oil, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
3. Serve hot or at room temperature.
4. Serve with grilled veggies, salad or any of your favorite summer sides.
5. Pair with Gary Farrell Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
Credit: Kila Gomer, Wine Club Manager