Food & Wine: Scallop Pasta with White Wine Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Measurements: Imperial (US)
This easy creamy pasta is a perfect pairing with Gary Farrell Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, its rich but simple flavors paired with succulent scallops makes for a delicious dish. Or if you are like me… head to your favorite local restaurant with a bottle of Gary Farrell and order the scallops! I highly suggest the Day Boat Scallops en Croute from Valette in Healdsburg, Ca
- 1 package pasta
- 1 lb. sea scallops (rinse and pat dry) – If local to Sonoma County I suggest Olivers Market as they typically have a great selection at their seafood counter.
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat up a pot of water and cook the pasta until al dente, per the package instructions. Drain.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper to your likely. Heat up a skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pan-sear the scallops on high heat until both surface turn brown. Remove the scallops from the skillet. Set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil into the pan and saute the garlic and crushed red pepper, about 10-15 seconds. Add the white wine, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer the pasta and scallops into the skillet, stir to mix well with the creamy sauce. Add the chopped parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Pair with Gary Farrell Chardonnay or Pinot Noir
For a extra delicious addition try adding chopped bacon to the dish!
Credit: Kila Gomer, Wine Club